Monday, March 2, 2009

More Pets - Bufo - Landon's Toad!


Besides having two German shepherds and one very old cat, Bufo was once part of our pet family. Bufo was an American Toad (Bufo americana). He was originally part of my son's science project when he was in the gifted Science and Math program in grades 2 - 5. During Christmas break and Spring break, my husband and I would go to Landon's school where he went one day a week. We would gather up Bufo and friends in their HEAVY tanks and take them home over the breaks. Eventually, at the end of 5th grade, Bufo came home to our house permanently. I can't tell you how many nights that we would walk the dogs over to the fields to find crickets for Bufo! And of course, during the winter, we made frequent trips to the pet store for Bufo's chow! Well.... Bufo passed away a few years ago but he has a marker out in the herb garden that Landon carved. I found this picture in one of my folders. Landon was the photographer. Now the boys are talking about a pet rat!

No comments: