Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pizza Night! Handmade from Scratch!


Well tonight was pizza night! Yum! Last night I prepared the dough from scratch. I make dough at one time for two pizza's and one loaf of bread. The loaf of bread was eaten last night straight out of the oven. It was slathered in butter. Fresh bread out of the oven has to be one of the most divine experiences! Everyone here gets four large pieces of pizza. I am really to the point where three pizza's would be nice......two large size sons and one husband can do major damage to only two large pizza's! Of course, I get my share too! The picture shows the pizza's before going into the oven. Everyone here likes a medium, crisp crust. I bake my pizza on a round, clay, baking sheet. The last thing that I do is give each pizza a spritzing of dark balsamic vinegar....it gives it a real nice tang and we like it lots! In the summer, when we have our garden, everyone likes a layer of fresh tomato slices over the sauce underneath the cheese. I like a mix of Mozzarella, Provolone, and Parmesan cheese too!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

HUGE bread fan here, too! And your pizzas look so yummy :)

Katofmanycolors said...

Thanks. I only ate two pieces and the boys gratefully ate the rest! We make lots of things from scratch. One of my favorites is beer batter onion rings! I try not to make them tooooo often!