Friday, September 4, 2009

Good Neighbor

-••-:¦:-••-:¦:-••-:¦:-••-:¦:-••-:¦:-••-

The boys and I were sitting outside on the smaller, brick patio. I had asked my older son to come out with me earlier as I had just brushed the German Shepherds and I wanted him to see Sammie's coat. Soon after, my youngest son arrived home from school and we were discussing when to go to the apple orchard. We heard the doorbell ring and I went out. Our neighbor across the street had a younger boy with him and said there was an incident with my older son's car. It seems the boy and his friend were walking home from middle school and decided to throw a rock at the big light pole that is in front of our house. It apparently missed and hit my older son's back window on his car. It shattered! It seems the friend that actually hit the car ran off. Since my son only has liability on this older car, our insurance agent recommended we call the police to make a report. Before that, I had taken names down. The police arrived and got our story and the story of the good neighbor. They then went to the boy's houses to get to the bottom of what really happened. The police said they thought it would be taken care of right away with the boy's parents. The father stopped by and someone will be out on Tuesday to take care of replacing the back window and taking care of clean up. My insurance agent lives down the street and said that they were a good family and would take care of things. So there will be just a bit of inconvenience until the car is fixed as my son will have to drive my van to work. Just happy that our neighbor was such a good neighbor.

-••-:¦:-••-:¦:-••-:¦:-••-:¦:-••-:¦:-••-


No comments: