Friday, January 23, 2009

I Dremmel My Dog's Nails


Well today I was in DJ's feed store to pick up more dry kibble for the GSD's. (See my post from yesterday.) I was lucky to have met Jim and Benjamen while I was there. Benjamen is such a sweet boy! We got into a discussion about clipping their nails while I was there. Lately, I have been using my dremmel to trim their dark nails. I started using it about a month and a half ago and they have become accustomed to it. I feel that is a great way to shorten their nails without them being sharp. I believe that the pressure from the regular nail clippers stresses them out more. They were first exposed to the dremmel just by being around me when I use it to work on my jewelry....drilling holes, polishing brass. It required two of us at first but now they are so used to it that I can do the job by myself. I really love my dremmel! Mine even has an attachment to sharpen the lawn mower blades. We used it last summer and it did an incredible job.

If you click on the above picture, it will take you into the article that I found that shows you how to dremmel your dog's nails. It inspired me and I decided to give it a try. I am pleased with this method now that they have become accustomed to it. It had to be introduced slowly but well worth the patience!

No comments: