Friday, June 19, 2009

Mo-Jo Pic Modified in Adobe Photoshop Elements

¤´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨)¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`¤~♥Here is a picture that I played around with in Adobe Photoshop Elements. Just click on the picture to enlarge and see the detail. We had an extremely intense thunderstorm this morning. I haven't heard or seen anything quite like it in a long time. It's supposed to reach the low 90's today and is extremely humid. I found a used tripod for my camera as my old one has lost a piece to it and the legs don't work quite right. My husband rigged it so that I can use it in the meantime. Yep! He sure is handy! Now I have to figure out what to cook for dinner and not heat up the kitchen! I think it will be red peppers, garlic and onions with red sauce and a wee bit of wine tossed over some fettuccine noodles. Sounds good to me!.•*¨`*.¸.•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨`*

•*¨*.¸¸.•*¨`*Ingredients for Tonight's Dinner.•*¨`*.¸.•*¨*.¸¸.•

1 lb Box Fettuccine Noodles
1 Large, Sweet Vidalia Onion chopped to your preference
1 Tbs Minced Garlic
3-4 Large Red Sweet Peppers chopped into bite size pieces
3-4 Large Tomatoes chopped into bite size pieces
1 Package Kielbasa (Optional...for the men in my family)
(I prefer Turkey Kielbasa if using meat.)

1/2 Jar of Red Spaghetti Sauce
Dark Balsamic Vinegar to taste - I use approx. 2-3 tablespoons
Small Amount (wee bit!) of Red Wine (Optional)
Salt/Pepper to taste

Boil water (with a few drops of olive oil) in a large pot and add the fettuccine noodles. This will take a little time so in the meantime you can get out a rather large skillet and.....

Saute the onions in a small amount of olive oil on high heat. I like them a little brown on the edges. Add the garlic at this point. If I am using Kielbasa, I add the thin slices next. Go ahead and add the balsamic vinegar and wine at this point. The peppers and tomatoes go in last with the red sauce and I simmer these for about five minutes on low. Add salt/pepper to taste.

After the above has simmered and the noodles are done and rinsed, add both together and toss in a large bowl. This dish also works well for us as there are some days when everyone is home at a different time and this heats back up nicely.

I make this dish pretty often in the Summer time as we grow our own tomatoes and peppers. I just pop out to garden and harvest them fresh and off I go.

Oh just a note....don't let my husband anywhere near this....he will eat it all gone!


2 comments:

hollyzhobby said...

MoJo is a beautiful dog. What time did you say dinner would be ready. mmmmm sounds good.

Katofmanycolors said...

We love this guy lots! The camera likes him too! And dinner was very enjoyable!