Thursday, April 16, 2009

In Memory of My Father



Lawrence George

I found an older picture of my dad that were taken when he was in the navy. My dad had the most gorgeous, clear blue eyes that I have ever seen. I think that you can tell that they were a lighter color even though its a black and white picture. I will never forget the story that he told us about the time that he was out to sea. My dad spotted a plane in the air before the radar did. After that, my poor dad got to be a lookout for quite some time! My dad had blond hair. My mother had brown hair and brown eyes. My two sisters and I have brown hair and eyes like my mom. My two brothers have blue eyes and blond hair just like my dad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of your father... he was definitely a looker! I can tell from your memory that he was very special to you:)

www.akanedesigns.blogspot.com

Kim Caro said...

what an adorable sailor he was :)

Katofmanycolors said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment everyone!

Inspiration By Karen Needle Felted Sculptures of Dogs, Cats, Birds, Wildlife, Portraits, Paintings said...

Very handsome Dad, I can tell he has those beautiful eyes even in black and white... : )