Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Buy in Bulk, Cook from Scratch

Can you believe this is a piece of potpourri? Landon took a picture of it for his abstract/object assignment in digital photography. Of course, I modified it in Photoshop Elements. He is now learning about Photoshop in class and I hope that soon he will show me some great tips! I look forward to being the student!




Warm Glow
Brass Harlequin Fire Opal Glass Earrings


(¯`'•.¸//(*_*)\\¸.•'´¯)
«::: Random Tip of The Day:::»
I have decided to add a tip here and there on my blog on how to better cope with today's economy. Just little things, a thought here and there, but they can sure add up!

Today's tip would be to buy items in bulk and cook from scratch. I love making home made bread, pizza, egg noodles, egg rolls, and apple pie. Its a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when you share these with your family and friends. Landon, my 16 year old, makes potato pancakes and fry bread from scratch. He was very pleased last night when he noticed that his pile of fry bread had disappeared! He loves to experiment and perfect a recipe!

When my grocery store has items like 10 for $1.00 and the 11th item is free, if it is something that I use consistently, I really consider buying if it is within my budget.


Buy Bulk?
Made From Scratch?



No comments: