Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Did not use the viewfinder!

In Landon's grouping of experimental pics is this shot of our living room ceiling fan. It was taken without using the viewfinder. The blades are moving so fast they appear as swirls. I took liberties with his file and used a sepia filter that I like.





Vintage Large Rhinestone Art Glass Brooch Pin - Green


(¯`'•.¸//(*_*)\\¸.•'´¯)
«::: Random Tip of The Day:::»
I have decided to add a tip here and there on my blog on how to better cope with today's economy. Just little things, a thought here and there, but they can sure add up!

Today's tip would be to purchase some lentils. I have a great Lentil-Tomato Soup Recipe to share:

1 1/2 cups dried lentils
5 cups water
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 TBSP butter
1 3/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
2 TBSP parsley (or less)
1 can (16 oz) tomatoes, chopped and drained
3 TBSP tomato paste

Sort and rinse lentils. In a large saucepan, combine lentils with the water. In another pan, saute the onion and garlic in butter until limp. Add this to the lentils. Stir in the spices. Bring this to a boil and reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender - approx. 45 minutes. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix well. Then, simmer 15 minutes longer. Serve.

This is a recipe a good friend gave to me years ago and we love it!

Got Lentils?

Followup on yesterday's tip. I found a market about ten minutes from my house (by car) that had the Basmati rice. I combined this rice with chicken breast cut up which I had stir fried. I started with finely chopped onions in the pan first. In the microwave, I cooked a frozen bag of peas and carrots for four minutes. I added salt, pepper, and soy sauce to the meat. Everything was combined when done. I have to say that the Basmati rice is delicious. For me, it had somewhat of a roasted nut taste. It doubled in size after cooking and it was not sticky!






No comments: